Kris's Reviews > The Sweetheart Sham

The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison

bookshelves: 2017, wrrt

I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I enjoyed this story about small town Culler SC and it's close knit very small population. Will and Beau are cousins and along with Georgia Ann, best friends. The 3 amigo's all growing up together in a small town. But, Will has a secret, so do Georgia Ann & Beau. Secrets that can put pressure on a new budding relationship or on someone not ready to disclose exactly who they are. Then you have the adults in town, experiencing divorce & deceit that rip Beau & Georgia apart when Beau's mom up & leaves town taking Beau with her. That is until the wedding of the century brings everyone back to town again to face old loves and old hurts. I think this story really could have gone further into the love triangle aspect and still been a good YA read. Will's mystery boy is revealed with very little fanfare and I wasn't even sure we knew who he was? The ending was sugary sweet and wrapped the book up nicely but I guess as a jaded adult I think it could have used just a little more drama. Still, a sweet and nicely written story of small town misconceptions and revelations.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetheart Sham.

Started Reading