Joan's Reviews > A Matter of Loyalty

A Matter of Loyalty by Anselm Audley

11965438

bookshelves: historical-thriller, kindle-unlimited, murder-mystery, great-cover, strong-male-characters

I finished reading this some time ago but kept putting off my review simply because I wasn't sure what to write. In the end I decided that honesty is the best policy.

When I was a third of the way through this book, I had the feeling that it wasn't 'quite' as compelling or engaging as the previous two: there was more action and less 'quiet', and in some way, a few too many characters but it wasn't until I reached the end that I realised why.

It was with real sadness that I learned of the death of Elizabeth Edmondson. I think this is a wonderful tribute to a gifted author and in some respects my minor problems with this story only accentuate how excellent the original author was in her writing.

Yes, the story didn't 'flow' as well as I expected, but five magnificent stars to Anslem Audley for taking on this task and giving fans of Hugo another story, as well as a conclusion that left this reader more than satisfied.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Matter of Loyalty.

November 30, 2017 – Started Reading