stella Lee's Reviews > Mortal

Mortal by Ted Dekker

Read 2 times. Last read December 12, 2017.

I am getting into this saga, not only because it is Good vs. Evil epic story; but also the story of God’s love and redemption! This beautiful allegory reminds me of “Chronicles of Narnia” and “the Lord of the rigs”, representing what Jesus Christ and His Kingdom stand for. Living in this chaotic political era where many religious leaders justify their actions in the name of Christian belief, and actions and choices of Christians do not reflect the core values of Christ; as a matter of fact, they are completely against what Christ stands for. No wonder why the quotes of Gandhi rings more true today than ever “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Jonathan’s sweet voice and sacrificial action remind me of what true love is … what God’s love is.… I give credit to the authors who put interesting story line based on the TRUTH and focused on BLOOD, which is not an easy concept to decipher. In both fiction and reality, deception hardens our hearts and only His blood for our atonement can make the difference between being alive as in body and soul, and it is an individualistic choice. The first installment of the series “Forbidden” was good and created settings and characters that represent different mankind, drew me into the fictional civilization after apocalypse. Then this book was even better- awestruck, revealing Jesus’s sacrifice in inversely refreshing way. I am so ready for the last one “Sovereign”!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mortal.

November 29, 2017 – Started Reading