Kirstie's Reviews > Last Dragon Standing

Last Dragon Standing by Rachel Aaron

bookshelves: magic-realism, pure-awesome, strong-female-characters, urban-fantasy

A thrilling and wonderful end to the series - only I didn't realise it was the end so it hurt when I got to the epilogue and realised yep it's over :'(

It's hard when you've written a pretty good series and you reach the end to tie everything up satisfactorily. I've several times been disappointed by those final books, but this is not one of those disappointing ones. It nicely ties so much up, but leaves enough open to feel like the world is actually continuing on in the background long after the last page is turned.

There's plenty of action and magic and a massive ticking time bomb to keep the tension high.

I'm still mad at Audbile because despite the fact I read each of the preceding four volumes in rapid succession like sweet salty popcorn late last year, they didn't deign to tell me it had released so I went on for a couple of month's oblivious to this!

I was really glad to finally get inside Bob's head in this story. We get his POV a couple of times and even once or twice that of his beloved pigeon (no, I'm not joking)

A great end to a very good series. Gobble them up like the delicious popcorn they are!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Dragon Standing.

November 29, 2017 – Shelved