Kristen Burns's Reviews > Mending Noel

Mending Noel by Charlie Cochet

3.5 Stars

Review:
This was the first in a series of fun M/M Christmas-themed novellas, each one about different characters in the North Pole. This one was about two elves, Tim and Noel. At only 50 or so pages, it can be easily read in one sitting, but I thought it still did a great job of setting up the adorable North Pole world. It's kind of like our world, except everything is Christmas-themed. Their curse words are things like, "Holy Holly!" They have candy-cane clubs and gingerbread bars. Their criminal boss is the Mouse King. Their soldiers are the 'toy soldiers.' I loved it and just ate it up, haha.

You have to go into this with the right expectations though. When characters say things like, "It's not your fault you're broken, but if you play your cards right, maybe he can help put you back together," you know the book isn't going to be particularly realistic. And Noel was a jerk to Tim because he loved him? Really? (Secretly being in love is not an excuse for treating someone badly!) Not to mention the reason for Noel's disabilities was so random. (But hey, disability was included, so who am I to complain?) Overall though, the story was light and sweet and easy to read, all the North Pole/Christmas stuff was fun, and the book was exactly what I was in the mood for, so I enjoyed it!

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mending Noel.

November 29, 2017 – Started Reading