G.L. Cromarty's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

So, this isn't the easiest book to read. There are times when you get lost in the beautiful prose and the haunting flow of the story. And times when you are so lost in the beautiful prose that you don't know where you are in the story...Fahrenheit 451 isn't the kind of book you dip into while waiting for the train on a busy platform!
There are times in life when you just want to sit down and watch a brain off action movie, and times when you want to stretch your brain watching something that makes you think...and reflect on after it is done.
There are reasons why books become classics and why it is generally worth pushing through.
I expect to find myself reflecting on this book...and I will leave you with a quote.
"‘Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you’re there. It doesn’t matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that’s like you after you take your hands away." from Fahrenheit 451

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

November 28, 2017 – Shelved
November 28, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 22, 2018 –
page 25
14.29% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
April 26, 2018 – Started Reading
April 26, 2018 –
page 40
22.86% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
April 26, 2018 –
page 40
22.86% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
April 27, 2018 –
page 91
52.0% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
April 30, 2018 – Finished Reading