Anna's Herding Cats's Reviews > Just a Hint - Clint

Just a Hint - Clint by Lori Foster

bookshelves: lori-foster, signed, 2012, need-review, contemporary, kidnapped, 2019, teacher, security, age-difference-10, north-carolina
Read 2 times. Last read March 26, 2019 to March 28, 2019.

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 4/11/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2FFRxNw

Just a Hint-- Clint. Yall. This is one of my favoritest of the favorites. lol

The Gist: Clint's been hired to find a kidnapped woman and keep her safe until the culprits are found. Not too hard a gig for a bruiser of a guy. Avoiding falling for her? Well now. That might be a challenge.

I absolutely adore Clint. He's one of the most unique heroes and one that just captured my heart from the start. He's not what anyone would call handsome, he's gruff and rough around the edges, gets queasy when he has to engage in violence (not an easy glitch when he's in rescue). But yall this guy. This guy is all heart. He's honorable and dedicated and is just so utterly sweet under that craggy exterior. He's every inch the swoon-worthy hero.

Julie Rose is pretty awesome, too. By outside appearances she's a shy mousy thing. But the girl has a spine of steel. She fights back, has spirit and sass. Has a heart of gold and is endearingly innocent and trusting. She's pretty wonderful.

And I loved their romance. They have great banter and chemistry. They're an unlikely pair with his gruff violent lifestyle and her softer safe life but they work. I loved that while neither was a knock out, exactly, to each other they were. They both came alive with that, too. With someone being there, trusting them, finding them sexy and wanting them. It was really rather sweet.

The mystery was good, too. Random attacks, kidnapping, multiple suspects, them on the run and keeping Julie Rose safe while trying to figure out what all was going on. It was nicely done.

So, the second time around I loved Just a Hint, Clint nearly as much as the first time. I adore Clint and Julie Rose. They're amazing people and it made me flat out happy seeing them together and finding love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just a Hint - Clint.

October 6, 2011 – Shelved