Bookgasms Book Blog's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Victoria Denault

bookshelves: shelly

I can’t put my finger on what exactly made it so, but this book felt deeply romantic to me. Like, I can’t even tell you how many times I sighed and swooned, and generally bubbled over with happy-hearted satisfaction. Slammed somehow managed to be adorable, sexy, giggle out loud funny, and full of whatever that magic it is that puts butterflies in my belly and giant blissed-out smiles on my face. To put it simply: I loved it. L-O-V-E-D it.

Eli Casco. Lord, y’all. This guy. I could not have adored him more. Not even one tiny smidge more. He was my perfect hero: a little bit goofy, a little bit cocky, strong but kind and willing to move mountains for the woman he loves. I am so crazy about this hero. I loved his story so much. His chemistry with Dixie (whom I was already half in love with when she was just part of “the sorority” in Score) was an almost tangible thing for me. I connected with them basically immediately, my heart jumped right on board and I spent nearly the entirety of this book feeling like I was falling in love with their love story. And that is exactly how I want to feel when I’m reading a romance, so it’s safe to say that Slammed hit every single one of my sweet spots.

The Braddock family, who I first met in Score continued to charm the heck out of me. I loved the good-natured antagonistic relationship between all the siblings, and that pure, sweet, boisterous love that this whole family has for each other. I loved the emotional and heartwarming secondary storylines going on here, and I especially loved how that connected to, and facilitated the forbidden romance brewing between Dixie and Eli.

Honest to God, you guys, this book is the whole package. This is only the second book I’ve read by Ms. Denault but I’m emphatically, enthusiastically, and wholeheartedly on board for more. This book was just an absolute delight! If you like your hockey hotties full of humor, heart and heat, you definitely do not want to miss out on this story! ~ Shelly, 5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Finished Reading