Bark's Reviews > Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Solutions for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap

Skinny Bitch in the Kitch by Rory Freedman

Oct 06, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: cooking, vegan

Craptastic. This book is lazy and the bitch kitsch gets old fast. I love snark but this book is not snarky it's just rude and dumb (well, unless being called a whore sends you off into a fit of hilarity). The "meals" contain tons of processed crap and "fake" foods in place of dairy and meat. It's a vegan cookbook but the authors (editors/publishers?) are too chickenshit to come out and say that and apparently think we're too dumb to figure it out. It's intentionally misleading to make them more money. That irritates me beyond words. Vegan recipes can be amazing but these recipes are lame.

My advice? Buy whole foods, grains, veggies, protein and cook 'em yourself. Skip the butter, the cream, the white sugar/white flour/white rice and the over processed everything. Shop mainly the outer aisles in the grocery store. You'll feel better and look better (if that's your goal). There I just saved you a whole bunch of cash and a slew of insults! If you're looking to get a healthy well written cookbook buy one of Tosca Reno's Clean Eating books. I can usually find something good to say about most everything I read but the only good thing I can say here is that I'm glad I borrowed this from the library. It's not even worth wasting a credit on over at paperbackswap.com. I would really like the hour of my life I wasted reading this back. I could spend that time cleaning up the dog poop in the yard or doing anything else but reading this tripe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.

Started Reading
October 6, 2011 – Shelved
October 6, 2011 – Shelved as: cooking
October 6, 2011 – Shelved as: vegan
October 6, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful I agree, so terrible. I hate specialty recipes that are just stuff you already know how to cook with "vegan bacon" instead of bacon. Like no one could have figured that one out themselves.

message 2: by Bark (new) - rated it 1 star

Bark This book was a serious waste of trees and was so dumbed down it was ridiculous. I can't believe these chicks managed to get it published.