books are love's Reviews > The Maiden's Defender

The Maiden's Defender by E. Elizabeth Watson

Received in exchange for a honest review

I love Tearlach. that is the sweetest guy under that tough exterior. How he is with Madeline just has you melt.

Here Madeline is free of the shackles of her father but no hindered by the Lord who the king is having take care of her. He is a horrible cheat. And greedy to boot. But Madeline is grateful just for her freedom and doesn’t say anything. Seeing Tearlach again has her wary but as she gets to know him and she sees how kind and caring he is she falls in love. Tearlach shows Madeline respect and is honest with her. He doesn’t treat her as if she is beneath him but encourages her and sees her strength and beauty. He helps her learn and grow. She gains confidence and belief in herself because of Tearlach and how he is with her. They fall in love and are torn apart as well.

We get heartbreak and second chances. We see how kind, loving and forgiving Madeline is. How love can heal someone and have them gain their senses and fight as well. But also it has them let go so the other can be safe. Only sometimes when we let go we must come back because it is the right thing as well.

A really wonderful sweet romance that has the man believe in the girl and the girl believe in love in the end. One where they help each other heal and find strength in love and one another. And we see family show loyalty and love but also help one another no matter what.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maiden's Defender.

Started Reading