Sofia Sundfors's Reviews > Elusion

Elusion by Zoe  Parker

bookshelves: abuse, adult, fate, favorites, kickassness, magic, myth-creatures, royalty, sex, vampires, shifters
Read 6 times. Last read April 7, 2019 to April 10, 2019.

This book is: fantastic! I have never read a book that is even remotely similar to this one, and I love it!

The plot is: unique, and empovering (but at the same time, it is heart-wrenching).

The beginning is: a bit confusing. Learning about the characters, the world, the different races etc. are intriguing, but it was a bit confusing the first time I read this book.

The middle is: amazing, heart-warming, funny, heartbreaking and every other emotion you would like to experience when you are reading a great book.

The crescendo is: ... For me, "the crescendo" happened in the beginning/middle of the book, not near the end like it traditionally does. But whether you agree with me or not when/if you are reading this book, you will understand what I mean by saying that "the crescendo", in the first part of the book, is amazing, just as amazing as the rest of the book.

The finish/ending is: heart-warming. It is also a great foundation for the following book.

The characters are: fresh. They are nothing like I have come across before in all of the other books I have read, and I love it. They have a depth to them, while at the same time, they have room for growth.

The worldbuilding is: enough, to too little. I prefer when there is just a little worldbuilding because it usually bores me to death, but this world intrigues me. I think there is enough worldbuilding in this book, but for someone who wants a lot of descriptive worldbuilding, well... then you might be disappointed.

Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Yes, absolutely! Although, this book contains abuse, torture, rape, violence, (I cannot remember, but most likely some harsh language as well), all of these things happen to both adults and children, so, do not read if you are under 18 years of age or if content like this is a trigger for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elusion.

November 27, 2017 – Started Reading