Angela's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

bookshelves: nonfiction, politics
Read 2 times. Last read November 1, 2017.

I knew I wanted to read this from the time I heard it was coming out, but the 2016 election took a lot out of me, and it was a while before I felt ready. As you can imagine, there are some really tough parts. But, there are also a lot of really beautiful, inspiring, hopeful parts, along with a ton of political history and biographical stuff that I didn't know and a lot of the 2016 election details that I never really followed that closely.

Politics aside--As a smart, ambitious, somewhat socially awkward female who has been accused of being shrill and intimidating boys and more than once gut-punched by the "I-don't-know-why-but-I-just-don't-like-her" billy club, I can't help identifying with the Hil-dog a bit. If you're already a Hillary/Clinton hater, it's doubtful that anything in this book will change your mind, but if you're at all sympathetic (or even just curious), it's worth a read. I laughed, I cried, and to be honest, I kind of developed a whole new perspective on the amazing HRC.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

Started Reading