Bretton Coppedge's Reviews > Empty Vessels

Empty Vessels by Meredith Katz

This story has one freaky and haunting plot. This is an amazing ghost story for anyone that doesn’t have a phobia of creepy dolls, but if you do, don’t even think about picking up this book. The story centers around the psychic Keith, his ghost crush Lucas and a supernatural character that should have really been called the horny Horned Boy rather than just the Horned Boy. Together these characters have to solve a series of otherworldly kidnappings and all happen to fall in love/lust in the process. This is book is definitely more of a romantic urban fantasy than a paranormal romance so the focus is more so on the plot and mystery than the relationships. Although the relationship does end in a sweet M/M/M HFN.

I have to say that I found the story engrossing. The otherworldly worldbuilding was fantastic, especially when Keith learns that he is able to enter the mindscape of others. This world is more diverse than the traditional ghost story and the Others, as they are known, add a very unique and mysterious fantasic element.

I wonder if the author will continue these character’s stories because it would be nice to see more of their interactions now that they are in a relationship. Not to mention, that they make a pretty cool supernatural crime fighting team. I’d also appreciate more of their backstory because we were more or less dropped into the middle of the story. Overall, this is a really solid urban fantasy with a cute romantic side plot that I would recommend to horror lovers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empty Vessels.

Finished Reading