Ashley's Reviews > The Sweetheart Sham

The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison

bookshelves: 2017-read, blog-tour, books-i-enjoyed, chick-lit, cute, fast-read, fun, e-book, part-of-a-series, review-book, ya, romance

I want to thank Entangled: Crush and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review. I'm also really excited to be on the Blog Tour for The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison. I was drawn to this book as soon as I saw it contained a fake relationship and was set in a small southern town. I was hoping it would give me the same kind of vibes as one of my favorite, guilty pleasure shows, Hart of Dixie. I love cute little romances and small town settings.
I thought The Sweetheart Sham was really cute! Super cute! It also was a very fast read that I just flew through. I loved the setting of Culler, South Carolina. And it did end up giving me some very faint Hart of Dixie feels. There were a couple of characters that gave me Lemon Breeland vibes.
The story was told from the two viewpoints of Georgie and Beau. I think I enjoyed reading Beau's chapters a little more than I did Georgie's. Beau had more conflict, and just more going on.
The fake relationship aspect was very background and minimal, which could maybe disappoint some people.
I also feel like the author had a message that she very strongly pushed, and depending on how you feel or view things, it could be a bit of a turnoff. I won't say I went into the story really focused on that, I was more into the sweet romance than wanting to be hit over the head with that message.
I'm not sure how much I really like Georgie's character. Sometimes she could be pushy, sometimes a pain, sometimes a drama queen. I enjoyed Beau more than her.
There was a little over the top drama near the end, which kind of felt a little eye-roll inducing, but then just reminded me I was dealing with teenagers.
All in all, I thought this story was sweet, cute, and fast. I enjoyed it. I definitely want to come back to Culler and hear more stories. It was a cute little romance. I would recommend it to people wanting a sweet romance read. Thank you again Entangled: Crush for providing me with an early copy to review, and Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours for letting me be on the Blog Tour. The Sweetheart Sham was very cute, and I enjoyed reading it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5
Very Cute!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetheart Sham.

November 26, 2017 – Started Reading
November 26, 2017 – Shelved
November 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
November 26, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 5, 2017 –