Silver James's Reviews > Dark Instincts

Dark Instincts by Suzanne Wright

bookshelves: audio-books, kindle-unlimited, 2017-books-read, dark-and-dirty, paranormal, romance, 2018-books-read, reread, 2019-books-read, keeper, light-comedy, suspense
Read 4 times. Last read July 17, 2019 to July 18, 2019.

Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4) by Suzanne Wright 2019 re-listen: Ahhh, Roni. "Did you know..." "What? What did I say?" Marcus and Roni are definitely a pair to draw to--entertaining and cheer-worthy.

2018 review: So, once I start this series, it seems I can't stop listening to it. Jill Redfield is a terrific narrator and the characters could easily be either two-dimensional or carbon copies. They aren't. Their stories are individualized but with certain threads tying the characters together as a group. Four books in, and I haven't mentioned this before, there is a certain...consistency to the sexy scenes. Not a bad thing, but something I seem to notice more this time around. Roni is still a favorite, and she carries her shennigans on in subsequent cameo appearances in other books. This is a good thing. And Marcus is still swoon-worthy. Fun times.

2017 review: I'm enjoying my marathon read of these books and it's series like these on Kindle Unlimited/Audible that make my subscriptions very worthwhile. I'm still enjoying getting to know the pack members. In this book, Roni Axton, sister of Mercury Pack Alpha Nick Axton, discovers her connection to Marcus Fuller, enforcer for the Phoenix Pack Alpha. Watching them do the mating dance is a lot of fun. Both have trauma in their pasts and in addition, Roni is very much the tomboy who'd rather fight a dominance challenge than wear a dress. She's also highly intelligent and uses that to put people off. Like the time she informed the "frou-frou" woman hitting on Marcus, "Did you know that perfume is made from whale vomit?" When her packs calls her on such statements she looks "sinnocent" and replies, "What did I say?" I snickered each time. Roni is a terrific character and Marcus is perfect for her. There's a lot of violence in this one, to go with the steamy sex, so be aware.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Instincts.

November 26, 2017 – Started Reading