Brenda's Reviews > Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector

Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector by Tara Kingston

Publisher's Description:

A Highlander’s vow...
Scottish spy Gerard MacMasters never expected to be playing bodyguard in his mission to catch a killer.

Stunning English beauty, Lady Evelyn Hunt, has witnessed a merciless assassin’s escape—now, she’s in danger, and it’s up to him to keep her alive. Yet, he is drawn to the tempting woman. Passion flares, but he knows better than to fall for her. He’s already lost one woman he loved—never again will he put his heart on the line.

She shields her heart...
After a crushing betrayal at the altar, Lady Evelyn wants nothing to do with love. Kissing a gorgeous rogue is one thing, but surrendering her heart is another matter. When she stumbles upon a mysterious crime, nothing prepares her for the dashing Scot who charges into her life. The hot-blooded Highlander may be her hero—or her undoing.

My Thoughts:

This well written third book of this series was at times difficult to put down but sometimes it was also a difficult read. The beginning was fast paced but it bogged down around the middle. It picked back up near the end and was an overall enjoyable read.
It is easily read as a standalone title even though it is part of a series.

Lady Evelyn has a habit of turning innocent things into scandal. Her betrothed left her at the alter after another man claimed she had been intimate with him. This was a lie but it ruined her none the less.
Now, as she travels with a group of ladies to attend the wedding of her friend she accidentally stumbles upon a crime and the beginning of an unexpected relationship with a dashing Scottish Spy who intends to protect her at all costs.

Gerard has lost the woman he loves once because of his vocation as a spy. He wants nothing to do with love now, but his undeniable attraction to Evelyn and his vow to keep her safe from the dangerous assassin brings them together no matter what he wants.

Will Gerard be able to keep his vow to keep Evelyn safe? Will Evelyn survive her unexpected witnessing of this crime and the possession of the very important clue?

I gave this story 4.25 of 5.0 stars for storyline and characterization and a sensual rating of 3.75 of 5.0 flames.
The intimacy between our hero and heroine needs no explanation. It is both sweet and heated at once.

I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector.

November 22, 2017 – Started Reading