Tammy's Reviews > The Sweetheart Sham

The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison

Georgia Ann is a sweet, smart southern belle who would do anything to please her parents and other adults in her small southern town. Her best friend, Will has entrusted in her a secret that he has to hide from his old fashioned family. Will is gay and no one will understand except Georgia. His family, especially his grandfather, has made it known that he doesn't care for people with alternative lifestyles. When Will falls head over hills for a secret guy in town, he hatches the perfect plan. With the help of Georgia Ann, the whole town will believe that he and Georgia are dating while he is free to spend quality time with his crush.

This plan is working perfectly, until, Beau, Will's cousin and Georgia's old flame returns to town. Beau still has feelings for Georgia and was hoping to reconnect until he finds out Georgia and Will are now dating. Georgia wants to tell Beau the truth, that she still loves him and Will is only her fake boyfriend but she would never betray a friend.

What a complicated and sweet story. Being from a small town myself, I love the setting. It reminds me of my hometown childhood. Georgia Ann's problem is that she wants to please everyone and puts everyone else's feelings before her own. Will asks so much from her especially being her best friend. But sweet Georgia Ann finds it hard to tell anyone no. In the end it doesn't really matter what you do, family will always be family and (unusually) they will accept you know matter what.

I absolutely love this book. I want to thank Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for sending me a copy of this book for review. The only think I didn't like is that I want more of the story. I can't wait to read more of this fascinating town and wonderful people.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetheart Sham.

November 25, 2017 – Started Reading