A.S. Akkalon's Reviews > Keepers

Keepers by Sacha de Black

Jump into this book and you’l be swept away on a whirlwind of a read. The society, technology, and magic are all alien and fascinating, But never fear the story will stop for long explanations. You’ll get a quick glimpse before you’re whipped onwards by the plot.

The scope of the story is sweeping, and fate plays a major role, but don’t despair if you loathe prophecies. This is not your regular farmboy-to-become-king-and-defeat-evil prophecy.

The scope demands a large cast of characters, which are delivered, but I confess I had trouble keeping them straight in my head. This may have reduced the impact of some of the key revelations (and there were many). So it’s a quick read, but I don’t suggest you read it too quickly.

I don’t read that much YA and I might have preferred some more leisurely time to explore the world of the book and understand the society, but this is just my personal preference. By the end, much is left unexplained, but this is expected for a first book in a series.

Overall, I found this a very enjoyable read. If you love fast stories with strange magic and shifters and mermaids and trains that travel between worlds and even to the realm of the dead, then I expect you will too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keepers.

Finished Reading