Fran Clark's Reviews > Faking Friends

Faking Friends by Jane Fallon

Fabulous read, one I would highly recommend to fans of contemporary women's fiction. It has humour, drama, tension and a healthy dose of revenge. Fans of Jane Fallon will love 'Faking Friends' although, for me, I would love to read something of hers that didn't follow the themes of lies and revenge.
That aside, as usual, her skill at writing dialogue and characterisation is on point and you will find yourself completely immersed in the life of the Amy Forrester. Great supporting cast and believable scenarios that will draw you even further into a lively plot. Watch out for a cute twist in the narrative voice.
I would have given this five stars had it not been for the section of the novel in which I was plodding through and not racing because the page turning factor dropped for a short while and I found the flashbacks at the start of the book a bit thrown together and not as neatly plotted as the present day events. Later I understood the point to the flashbacks and found them a lot more polished as an idea later on in the book.
That said, I still recommend that you rush out and get this one - you won't regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faking Friends.

November 24, 2017 – Started Reading