Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > By the Book

By the Book by Julia Sonneborn

bookshelves: read-2018, womens-fiction, 5-star-books, owned

Super cute and fun for a summer book club read! The paperback contains book club discussion questions at the end too.

By the Book is about college professor, Anne Corey, who while working towards tenure learns that her new university president is her ex-fiance from a decade ago. Of course he is successful and looking dreamy as ever while Anne is still working towards job security and can't even pay her overdue library fees. Oh, and there is also a handsome, charming new professor who is wooing Anne. What the heck is she going to do? Well, read and find out.

I took this book with me on vacation and its a perfect beach/pool read. For 362 pages, it was a quick read: I whipped through it in two days.

It's a retelling of sorts of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Having not read Persuasion, I just went into the story looking to be entertained. And the book did just that. It was adorable, I quite liked it. It's one of those stories that brightens your mood: perfect to read on a sunny day (or those rainy/snowy days where you are looking for something to lighten your mood).

To view my reviews visit: www.saturdaynitereader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Book.

November 24, 2017 – Shelved
November 24, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 25, 2018 – Started Reading
February 26, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
February 26, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2018 – Shelved as: womens-fiction
March 30, 2018 – Shelved as: 5-star-books
May 31, 2018 – Shelved as: owned

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Terrie's (new)

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch I loved your review for this one! I really want to read it!

message 2: by DJ (new)

DJ Sakata I wants it!

message 3: by Latoya (new) - added it

Latoya I like this and I would definitely want to see how the connection between her and her ex unfold. Adding to my list.

message 4: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Walters Wonderful.. and hope you had a great vacation!