Felicia's Reviews > Grave Dance

Grave Dance by Kalayna Price

bookshelves: urban-paranormal, vaginal-urban-fantasy

Well, I loved the first book and stayed up too late reading it, and last night I did the same thing. There was loads of new information in this installment about Alex's new powers, about the world of Faerie, lots of character tension and secondary characters (who I'd like to see even more of). Of course the love triangle is still super yummy, in fact yummier than last book (and boy does this author know how to cliffhanger a book, yeesh!).

I will admit the dudes are a bit 2-dimensional hunk-ville, but I'm cool with peeling back the onions slowly if we're getting somewhere, and I am so interested in the Spirit/Human/Faerie planes stuff that I'm cool with Alex not asking as many basic questions of the guys as she should.

SLIGHT SPOILER:
My one request for the main character would be (and this would basically go for EVERY heroine in Urban Fantasy who professes to "not know stuff" about another race) PLEASE GOOGLE STUFF ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ATTACKING YOU SO YOU KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT WHATS GOING ON! Seriously, there's no excuse to not look up the Faerie Court stuff if you find yourself mixed in it. Just get your laptop out a bit, you know you want to, you're a smart girl! I hate that about Cassie from Karen Chance's books because it's been 5 books and she hasn't gotten interested in actually RESEARCHING what she is. Alex seems to be a more on-the-ball character, so hopefully she'll do some research instead of stumbling into things she doesn't know about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Dance.

Started Reading
October 5, 2011 – Shelved
October 5, 2011 – Shelved as: urban-paranormal
October 5, 2011 – Shelved as: vaginal-urban-fantasy
October 5, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Patti (new)

Patti Thanks to you, I checked out the first one from the library yesterday :). Haven't had a chance to start it yet. Can I blame you for lack of sleep :)?

Danielle I agree wholeheartedly with your wish for people to use Google! I mean (SLIGHT SPOILERS)after learning what she did in the first book, I find it REALLY hard to believe that she wouldn't have already researched the fairy queen at least a LITTLE bit. It's one of those morbid curiosity girly things. Like when you look up your new boyfriend's ex on Facebook. You don't want to, but you're compelled...okay, maybe it's just me.

Richard I just wish Death actually had something to him. As a third point in a love triangle he's about as laughably weak and undeveloped the only reason we have to believe in him as a romantic interest is he's mysterious and has known Alex for ages.