Brenda's Reviews > Lola Is Missing

Lola Is Missing by Alison  James

bookshelves: 2018-release, arc, crime, mystery, net-galley, thriller, 5000-books, own-read, read-on-kindle, suspense

The case of the abducted six-year-old Lola Jade Harper was some months old when Detective Inspector Rachel Prince and her team were called in to put fresh eyes and an investigative mind onto the case. Re-interviewing the child’s mother, Michelle Harper, and her soon-to-be ex-husband Gavin, Rachel could feel vibes telling her that something was off in the whole case. Then when Gavin Harper disappeared, the immediate thought was that Lola Jade must be with him. But was she?

As Rachel uncovered lies and buried secrets, she could feel herself getting closer to the answers. But then she would hit a brick wall. Frustrated, she didn’t need the extra complication of someone from her long ago past appearing on her doorstep – as well as her partner being in trouble for something he had done which was not quite on the right side of the law.

Another child disappeared – a young woman was murdered – were these all connected? Rachel was desperate to find answers before it was too late.

The Lying Kind, (which was called The Missing Child when I read it) by Alison James is the first in the Detective Rachel Prince series and what a brilliant start! A tense, gritty and highly suspenseful thriller, I was enthralled from the very first page – and will definitely be looking for #2 when it arrives! The plot twists, the well-formed characters – all makes The Missing Child one I highly recommend.

With thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for my digital copy to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola Is Missing.

November 24, 2017 – Shelved
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: suspense
January 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Smith Sounds good! Another great bingo pick.

Brenda Haha! Thanks Theresa!

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Fantastic Review, Brenda. Another book for my growing TBR.

Brenda Thanks Jenny :) I think you'd probably enjoy it too!

message 5: by Li'l Owl (new) - added it

Li'l Owl Excellent review, Brenda! It's only $0.99 on Kindle! Yet another series TBR!

Brenda Thanks Owl :) Good price!

PattyMacDotComma ooo - a new series! Thanks, Brenda!

Brenda Haha! You're welcome Patty!

message 9: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn Great review Brenda! I was tempted to request this one but already had too many books due in Jan/Feb. I might have to buy it now!

Brenda It was fantastic Carolyn! I much preferred the title The Missing Child though! I couldn't find it on Amazon last night - received an email overnight to tell me they'd changed the name of the book!!

message 11: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn Bought and sitting on the kindle! (USD 1.57 from Amazon.com)

Brenda Oh well done! A really good read too!