Wil Loves Books!'s Reviews > Wolfsong

Wolfsong by T.J. Klune

bookshelves: audiobook, best-of-tbr, favorites, mm, paranormal, on-kindle

5 Huge Candy Canes and Pinecones and Epic and Awesome Stars!!!

“Red,” he said quietly. “Your eyes are red.”

I’m struggling with words to write a review that would make this book justice. I probably can’t come up with them. This was awesome, OMG, so awesome. From beginning to end, this book captured my heart. I used to be a huge paranormal reader, not sure why I stopped reading paranormal on a regular basis, but I probably need to rectify that. But this book, man, this book, was pure amazingness.

“Mom! Mom. You have to smell him! It’s like… like… I don’t even know what it’s like! I was walking in the woods to scope out our territory so I could be like Dad and then it was like… whoa. And then he was all standing there and he didn’t see me at first because I’m getting so good at hunting. I was all like rawr and grr but then I smelled it again and it was him and it was all kaboom! I don’t even know! I don’t even know! You gotta smell him and then tell me why it’s all candy canes and pinecones and epic and awesome.”

It’s such a simple, yet complex story. And such simple, yet complex characters. I had an idea about the general theme of werewolves and such, but I really didn’t know much about the plot, or the story.

I loved all of these characters, a lot. The sense of family, the homo-eroticism of it all. And how they interacted with each other. So character driven, and so full of fun, heartbreak, and love, so much love.

He was beautiful because he was Joe. He was beautiful because he was mine.

And Ox. Ox. Ox. And Joe. Joe. Joe.

There was never anyone such as him before. From that little boy on the road, to the teenager with red eyes, to the hardened man who stood before me at the house at the end of the lane and said the same words he’d said to me all those years before. There was never one like him. And he was mine.

That’s what life is, Ox. Choices. The choices we make shape what we’ll become. For a long time, Joe’s choices were taken from him. And then they were ruled by fear. But you came along and he made his own choice. So yes. I could have stopped him. I could have told him to wait. I could have told him no. But I didn’t because he chose. He chose you, Ox.”

This is such an epic story, not just a love story, an epic story overall that spans many years. I won't even attempt to explain to you this story, but just trust me when I say that, well, it was just perfection. I don’t think I can say anything else because, again, I have no words. This is my first TJ Klune read and it definitely won’t be my last. This one gave me all the feels, and then some. Top favorite this year. Can’t wait for Ravensong!

He said, “Oh my god.”
He said, “Ox.”
He said, “Ox, can you feel it? This is—I can’t believe we—after all this time we—”
He said, “Ox.”
He said, “Mate.”
The wolf snarled, “Mine.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfsong.

Quotes Wil Loves Books! Liked

T.J. Klune
“You don’t get to decide what you’re worth because you obviously don’t know. You don’t get to decide that anymore because you have no fucking idea that you’re worth everything.”

T.J. Klune
“Joe sang the loudest of all. He said, you belong to me.”

T.J. Klune
“The third day, he wasn’t on the road. I wanted to feel relieved. Instead, I was disappointed. Until I got home. Mom had had the day off, the first in a long while. So, of course, she was home when I got there. And so was Joe. Sitting at our kitchen table. Wearing dress pants, a dress shirt. And a bow tie. Which, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be one of my greatest weaknesses. I”

T.J. Klune
“My future,” Joe said, “is Ox.” Ah god, that made me ache. “Is that so?” Mom asked. “How do you figure?” “He’s really nice,” Joe said seriously. “And smells good. And he makes me happy. And I want to do nothing more than put my mouth on him.” “Ah”

T.J. Klune
“I want to court your son.” “What does that mean?” she asked. “It means I want to provide for him to prove my worth,” Joe said. “And then, once he agrees to be mine, I’ll mount him and then bite him and everyone will see that we belong to each other.” I”

T.J. Klune
“So he pressed his forehead against mine and breathed me in and there was that sun, okay? That sun between us, that bond that burned and burned and burned because he’d given it to me. Because he’d chosen me. And I got to choose him back.”

T.J. Klune
“THREE YEARS. One month. Twenty-six days.”

T.J. Klune
“Don’t tell me you don’t know!” I roared at him. “Tell me one fucking thing you do know!” “That I love you.” His breath hitched in his chest. And I just. I couldn’t breathe. Everything”

T.J. Klune
“All I wanted to do was come home, because without you, I don’t have a home.”

November 20, 2017 – Started Reading
November 21, 2017 –
28.0% "“And I’ve been waiting,” Joe said. “For him to look at me like I looked at him. And he finally did. He finally did. And I’m going to do everything I can to make sure it stays like that. Because I want him for always.”

Swoons!!!!"
November 21, 2017 –

Swoons!!!!"
November 22, 2017 –
75.0% "Ahhh I’m obsessed with this book ❤️" (Kindle Edition)
November 23, 2017 –
97.0% "“Red,” he said quietly. “Your eyes are red.”

Ahhhhhh!!!! ❤️🙌🏻❤️🙌🏻"
November 23, 2017 – Shelved as: mm
November 23, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal
November 23, 2017 – Shelved as: on-kindle
November 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Sanaa This book was magic. I would love to go back and read it again for the first time. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Wil Loves Books! Sanaa ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆ wrote: "This book was magic. I would love to go back and read it again for the first time. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!"

Yes yes yes!!! It was wonderful, I’m in love!

Al *the semi serial series skipper* Omg, I loved this book. It was my first introduction to the author and my most favorite.

Wil Loves Books! Al *the serial series skipper* wrote: "Omg, I loved this book. It was my first introduction to the author and my most favorite."

Yes!!! Sooo amazing!!!!

Kavita Kumar-Karthik oohhh..Seeing quite a few updates about this one.. TBR ! Awesome review !!

Wendy Awesome review ;) xoxo