Fi's Journey's Reviews > Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilisation

Magicians of the Gods by Graham Hancock

bookshelves: philosophy-spirituality, mythology, 4_star-read

"It upsets our carefully structured ideas of how civilizations should behave, how they should mature and develop, when we are confronted by a case like Göbekli Tepe that starts out perfect at the beginning and then slowly devolves until it is just a pale shadow of its former self."

"My thoughts about this immense book and the topics Mr Graham talks about?" It's fantastic!
He's done a lot of research, which you can tell, and writes in such a way that it makes you want to keep reading it. Why did it took me so long to read it?
Well, because books like these, I like to savour them and then think about what I just read.
It's just one of these books that stay in your mind and makes you look different at the 'world'.

Another thing I like about the author and the book as well, is that he travels from place to place: from south-east Turkey to Lebanon, Egypt, North & South America to Indonesia. He's visiting megalithic and ancient sites that spark of mysterious and mystical times...

He is well traveled and had some of his own 'out of body' experience, which makes him as an author way more believable than any other author about all these subjects he's touched on in this book.

Pictures will be included soon into this Review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magicians of the Gods.

November 23, 2017 – Shelved
November 23, 2017 – Shelved as: longlist-maybe-reads
November 23, 2017 – Shelved as: philosophy-spirituality
January 8, 2018 – Started Reading
January 9, 2018 –
page 45
8.84% "I'm liking it so far as it's very interesting and has anomalies, which means it isn't mainstream. Plus, this author has traveled to some amazing places, too."
January 11, 2018 –
January 23, 2018 –
page 320
January 30, 2018 –
page 450
88.41% "Getting closer to finishing this :)"
February 5, 2018 – Finished Reading