Antoinette's Reviews > Invited into Your Closet

Invited into Your Closet by Peyton Landry

This is the second book I've read this week that I'm not really sure how to rate of write a review for. The concept is interesting. Miranda, a straight female romance writer who only write a soft m/f romances decided to try her hand at the m/M genre which she knows nothing about. Miranda is also just becoming involved with hot sexy lawyer, Spencer. Sounds interesting, well it was. My problem is I really didn't care for Miranda, she's a hot mess and so is Spencer. Corbin and Mark seem to be the perfect loving couple but I could see a huge crack in their relationship also. I guess my main problem with this story is that everyone seems to be living I a fantasy world or too afraid to speak their minds or the truth. Miranda is immature, sheltered, self conscious, close minded and gets stuck inside her own head too much. Spencer who at first seems so out together is needy and secretive. Corbin and Mark both seem like good guys but the secretive part of their relationship seems to be slowly pulling them apart and they don't realize it. And Liv, I have one word for her B*tch. Talk about selfish and self centered, she's given no thought to how what she wants is going to affect everyone else. The writing is good and the story is good. There could have been a little less sex but only because they seemed to have sex instead of talking out and solving their problems. Like I said my main problem is I didn't like the characters but I'm thinking that's what the author intended. I will definitely be reading the next two books because I want to know if any of them ever face reality and redeem themselves. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invited into Your Closet.

Started Reading