Angie's Reviews > A Court of Frost and Starlight

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, fantasy-romance

My Review: I wasn't really sure if I would be picking up this book after the disappointment of A Court of Wings and Ruin. I was again a little disappointed, even with lower expectations. I appreciate the way this novella does handle the struggle in the aftermath of war. I understand each character has different roles to play and different ways of dealing but with the way the inner court had been presented in earlier books I would have expected them to be a little closer to each other and a little more involved with each other. I absolutely loved when they were all together but it was all too brief in this book. The whole Feyre and Rhys gift giving was all too predictable, I saw what was coming from the beginning of the book and it just felt cliche and a let down. Some of the characters also lacked their usual depth and spark which left them really flat on the page, why keep them around if they are going to be half-heartedly thrown in? Really, all around a lack luster book for me. It seems the next books will take on a bit of a darker and more angst ridden tone that is being set in this book. I really honestly don't know if I will continue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Frost and Starlight.

November 22, 2017 – Shelved