Lola's Reviews > Leo Loves Aries

Leo Loves Aries by Anyta Sunday

bookshelves: books-that-i-own, e-books-on-ipad, coyer-winter-2017-2018, mm-romance

I picked up this book one day when it was free. Something about the book caught my attention. Then not much later I figured I would pick it up and read it. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but ended up with the most awesome slow burn friends to lovers romance. It had amazing banter, some hot chemistry and two great characters who are just perfect together.

Once I started reading I quickly got immersed into the story and had a hard time putting it down. Every scene and interaction between the main character and his love interest just made me want to read more. It was a very addictive read. It was the perfect read for what I was in the mood for.

Theo and his blind twin sister Leonne live together in an apartment while studying and are looking for a new roommate. When Theo has a boring economics lecture he gets reminded about an economics tutor he had and the two end up talking and he becomes their new roommate. Their mother sends the their yearly horoscope and hints that Aires and Leo work great together and Theo thinks he found the perfect date for his sister.

The romance in this book was so well done. While I love romance books, there are few romances that completely capture my attention, but this one totally did. The romance was perfect. I love a good slow burn romance and this romance definitely delivered that. Then it also had my favorite trope friends to lovers, there is something I like about seeing two friends grow even closer and how well they already know each other.

And the main character was so oblivious to Jamie's interest in him, which was so fun to read about. As the reader it's obvious Jamie has feelings for Theo, but Theo really doesn't notice it and thinks Jamie and Leonne would be perfect for each other. There are some great scenes were I smiled about how oblivious he was. It was very entertaining to see it all play out, although I did feel a bit sorry for Jamie at times.

It's great to see Jamie and Theo go from acquaintances to friends and then slowly to something more. There are so many touching scenes, scenes filled with banter and scenes were their friendship deepens. And what I like about a good slow burning romance is all those little scenes and hints when they grow closer and you just know these two are going to be so good for each other and waiting through all those scenes in which they grow even closer is the best. And even more satisfying when they finally do grow closer.

I also have to say that I love how low on the drama this book was. It was such a fun read and there was great banter and chemistry between the characters and while I was afraid it would go into a drama direction for a few moments, it didn't. Which made me really happy. I felt the conflict was pretty minimal, which fit the book and the conflict that was there was resolved very well. It all felt very realistic and believable and I totally loved the romance.

Both Theo and Jamie are great to read about. I liked how Theo was so confident and a bit lazy, but he also was very committed to his studies and very caring and supportive about his blind sister. Jamie is more serious, committed to eating heathy and I liked how he took care of both Theo and his sister when he moves in as their new roommate. I also liked Leonne and how she and Theo interacted. And there's even a subplot involving a romance for Leonne, which was fun to see. We also get to meet some side characters and the family of both boys for a little while.

To summarize: It is rare that a contemporary romance book can pull me in so completely as this book did. It's amazing well written slow burn friends to lovers book. I loved all those little scenes seeing Jamie and Theo grow closer and then hoping they would grow even closer, until they finally did. And the ending was just perfect. And one of my favorite scenes is when Jamie finally makes something clear that Theo didn't realize. Theo is totally oblivious to Jamie's interest in him at first and it was so much fun to read about. And even better when he starts feeling things, but isn't sure what or how to express himself. And then once he makes up his mind at the end and goes to show Jamie how much he means to him, was awesome to read. I loved seeing these two fall for each other. They are quite different in personality, but they were so perfect together. If you like a good M/M romance with a slow burn friends to lovers romance involving lots of great banter and some hot chemistry then I would totally recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leo Loves Aries.

November 22, 2017 – Shelved