Tina's Reviews > Haunted on Bourbon Street

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase

I won this book from the Member Giveaways on LibraryThing.

I really enjoyed this book! After reading the synopsis I was skeptical- knowing that she is an "empath", that there would be ghosts, and that she lived over a strip club had me questioning how much I would enjoy this book. I'm very glad I started it. As soon as I read the first few pages, I was hooked. Essentially, Jade Calhoun is new in town and strikes up a friendship with a girl running a strip bar and a coffee shot (Pyper). She meets her landlord, Kane, and the attraction is immediate. She ends up finding out that her apartment and possibly the whole building is haunted, and has to find out how to deal with her ghost as well as others that might be present. Without giving too much away, I thought the author did a nice job infusing the supernatural with romance. It did get a little sexual at times, but it quickly got back on track.

The ending was really good- tied up all of the loose ends but left some room for other books in the series. It's entertaining, well-written, and a quick read, and I can't wait for the next books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted on Bourbon Street.

October 5, 2011 – Started Reading