Jubalation's Reviews > Below Mile Zero

Below Mile Zero by Brooke Babineau

U 50x66
Oct 05, 2011

bookshelves: currently-reading

I've never bothered with writing a review before, but this book really needs to be discovered.

I found a copy in a shop on the Key West waterfront. For that I am grateful because I might never have discovered it otherwise. The author, Brooke Babineau, I learned is the real deal. A real Key West author who's been there and done that, his life sounds like an adventure novel but he seems to shy away from publicity. I've heard a few rumors that more than most people would realize in this book really did happen. Wow!

Below Mile Zero: After a somewhat curious journey through the formative events in the hero's beginnings (whose name I never learned) I soon discovered that every single detail fit seamlessly into a masterfully woven tale of intrigue, fear, joy, sadness, adventure, longing, heartbreak and bittersweet triumph.

I looked up the synopsis on the author's website, it's spot on but fails to mention the author's artistry of the English language, unlike the current crop of bullet-point stories, the sheer beauty and graceful flow of words carried me off onto a thrilling adventure.

I found the story on Amazon but I love holding a real book in my hands, guess I'm a little old-fashioned that way. I'm going to get another copy and give it for a gift, this one I'm keeping for another read.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Below Mile Zero.

September 20, 2011 – Finished Reading