Bryan D.'s Reviews > The Body in the Casket

The Body in the Casket by Katherine Hall Page

This was not the first Faith Fairchild mystery I have read, nor will it be the last. The series includes over twenty titles centered on the caterer and minister's wife, Faith Fairchild, who seems to be quite adept at finding herself in dangerous situations. In the latest volume, she has been chosen to cater a birthday weekend specifically because of her reputation as an amateur sleuth. I have to admit that I do not know the Boston suburbs, so I can only assume that the local color is accurate, but the location is relatively minor. The story could be set in any metropolitan suburb and not be diminished. I do know something about living with a minister, being the son of one and having grown up in parsonages, and that part of the story is very accurate, in my experience. With a good share of unlikable characters, The Body in the Casket is reminiscent of both a good Agatha Christie novel or the board game Clue, and for me, at least, the villain, when finally revealed, was a complete surprise. Easy, enjoyable reading, good characterisation, and a compelling story line (actually several story lines interwoven), how could I not enjoy and recommend this book. And as the protagonist is a caterer, there are even recipes that tempt. Highly recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body in the Casket.

November, 2017 – Started Reading