Mei's Reviews > The Girl in the Moss

The Girl in the Moss by Loreth Anne White

bookshelves: netgalley, contemporary

I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

For now I'll just say: WOW!!!!

Review on line NOW!

Did I say that I love how Ms. White writes?!!! I love her style and her stories! Always nail-biting, interesting and intelligent!

I don't know if anyone here have watched the TV series Cold Case - I did and loved it, so I was overjoyed to have the same sensations here! Wonderful!!

In these 3 books Angie has grown in a spectacular way! She's still tough and determined, but also more aware and compassionate. I loved her when she was almost self-destructive, but I loved her even more here!!

Also her relashionship with Maddocks has evolved and I loved their time together here!

But the most appreciated thing was the magistral merging of criminal investigation and brilliant characters building.

The solving of an intricate cold case was front and center around which everything was turning around. And the case was intricate indeed!

The investigation brings Angie in real danger as the many suspects are really dangerous and she has a very difficult time finding out who's lying and who's not. But that's the beauty here!!!

If this is indeed the last book in the series, I really hope Ms. White writes a spin off featuring Kjel Holgersen. I'm really, really curious to know his story!

Anyhow, I would strongly recommend this whole series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Moss.

November 22, 2017 – Shelved
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 28, 2018 – Started Reading
March 30, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 3, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Caz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caz I am really, REALLY looking forward to this - but I'm being good and reading my books in release/reviewing order!

Blackjack Ooh, good to hear. I too got a Netgalley ARC but I still need to read Book 2!

message 3: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Caz wrote: "I am really, REALLY looking forward to this - but I'm being good and reading my books in release/reviewing order!"

You do well to look forward to this one, Caz! If you love LAW, you'll surely love this one too! :)
Hahaha, you're too good! I couldn't do it! LOL

message 4: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Blackjack wrote: "Ooh, good to hear. I too got a Netgalley ARC but I still need to read Book 2!"

Blackjack Mei wrote: "Blackjack wrote: "Ooh, good to hear. I too got a Netgalley ARC but I still need to read Book 2!"

What are you waiting? Go and read both the second and this one immediately after! :)"

I'm reading The Lullaby Girl next and am really looking forward to it!

message 6: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Blackjack wrote: "I'm reading The Lullaby Girl next and am really looking forward to it! "

Enjoy! I hope you'll love them! :)

Blackjack Great review, Mei, and I completely agree. The cold case angle was so interesting, and now that Kjel is in charge of cold cases under Maddocks, I can definitely foresee a series with him. Fingers and toes crossed for that to happen!

message 8: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Blackjack wrote: "Great review, Mei, and I completely agree. The cold case angle was so interesting, and now that Kjel is in charge of cold cases under Maddocks, I can definitely foresee a series with him. Fingers a..."

I'm so glad you agree with me about Kjel! From some snippets here and there in series, I think his story would be really interesting!
I hope the author will take into consideration the idea! :)

♥Rachel♥ Fab review, Mei! I hope we get a book for Holgersen too! :)

message 10: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Fab review, Mei! I hope we get a book for Holgersen too! :)"

Thanks, Rachel! We're Holgersen fans here! LOL

Blackjack I saw a post from her recently on FB where she briefly mentioned the need to get writing soon on Holgersen's book. I too am looking forward to it.

message 12: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Blackjack wrote: "I saw a post from her recently on FB where she briefly mentioned the need to get writing soon on Holgersen's book. I too am looking forward to it."

Really??!!! Yeahhh!!! I'm so happy!!! Thanks for letting me know! :-)

Blackjack Mei wrote: "Blackjack wrote: "I saw a post from her recently on FB where she briefly mentioned the need to get writing soon on Holgersen's book. I too am looking forward to it."

Really??!!! Yeahhh!!! I'm so h..."

message 14: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Blackjack wrote: "I know!! :) And apparently, lots of fans have been saying the same thing to her. I'm hoping Holgersen's books is part of a new series."

I just hope it is good! Lately I was disappointed by books I badly wanted... *shrug*
It would be a tragedy if Holgersen's book came out bad... I'm so curious about the guy! :)