Char 's Reviews > The Silver Linings Playbook

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

bookshelves: audio-book, dysfunctional-family, mental-illness

4.5/5 stars!

Thanks to Audible for offering this audiobook free, way back when. I finally got around to listening to it and I loved it. It even made me tear up at the end. It's very different from the movie, but excellent in its own right.

Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silver Linings Playbook.

November 22, 2017 – Started Reading
November 22, 2017 – Shelved
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: audio-book
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: dysfunctional-family
November 22, 2017 –
November 23, 2017 –
November 24, 2017 – Shelved as: mental-illness
November 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Kandice I love all of Quick's books. Even when they verge on ridiculous, I love his characters so much I forgive the circumstances.

message 2: by Char (last edited Nov 24, 2017 10:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Char Kandice wrote: "I love all of Quick's books. Even when they verge on ridiculous, I love his characters so much I forgive the circumstances."

What else of his would you recommend, Kandice?

Kandice The Good Luck of Right Now and Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock are two of his best behind SLP, but I've read them all and never been disappointed. Peacock is YA, if you care about that.

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill I haven't read this, but I sure loved the movie!

Char Kandice wrote: "The Good Luck of Right Now and Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock are two of his best behind SLP, but I've read them all and never been disappointed. Peacock is YA, if you ..."

Thanks, Kandice!

Char Bill wrote: "I haven't read this, but I sure loved the movie!"

Since you liked the movie, chances are you'd like the book as well, even though it's a bit different. I thought the audio was extremely well done.