Jennifer Nielsen's Reviews > The Traitor's Game

The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: books-i-wrote

Yes, I'm biased, but I hope readers will love this book as much as I do. I adore Kestra's fire, intelligence, and desire to do the right thing - something that isn't always clear to her. I love Simon's dedication, courage, and devotion to the causes he cares about. And I'm fascinated by these two characters who are working their way toward the truth, but coming to it from completely different angles.

If you read this and like it, then I also hope you'll follow this story through the sequels. I'm writing Book 2 right now, with more trouble for your favorite characters and some new characters that continue to build this world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traitor's Game.

Finished Reading
November 22, 2017 – Shelved
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: books-i-wrote

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Shizuku I have absolutely no doubt that this going to become one of my favorite books! February seems such a long way ahead, I wonder if I'm going to survive...?

Graham Bradley Soon as the audiobook lights up on the Audible machine, I'm pre-ordering it. #TruckerLife

Aaron I check for this most days on NetGalley. I have issues with waiting for books. Having read the preview you posted I am sure it will be great!

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy My god can authors please stop giving their books 5-stars?!! It ruins the book for me and you honestly make me not want to read it. So annoying! I see this everywhere!

message 5: by Nixonmat (new) - added it

Nixonmat Leia wrote: "My god can authors please stop giving their books 5-stars?!! It ruins the book for me and you honestly make me not want to read it. So annoying! I see this everywhere!" She said she was biased. When I see authors I like and I see stuff like this from them it makes me want to read the book.

Phoebe I can’t wait to read it! 😄😄 You’re my favorite author ever and I really LOVE your writing! I’ve noticed a ton of people reading your books at my school and I’m just like in my head “good choice honey”

Sharon Oh my Goodness! I just finished it, and I certainly agree with your 5 star rating! But now I have to wait another year for #2?!!? 😀 Best way I’ve ever spent a day off.

Shannon Loved it! Now I'm just over here waiting for that next one to come out 😉 You are amazing!

Megan Taubenheim Loved it!!

message 10: by Tianna (new)

Tianna Would this be suitable for a mature 9 year old?

Ellen Klock Overall it was a great read. As I neared the end I was wondering how you could wrap things up in so few pages and I have to admit the conclusion was a bit rushed and a little confusing, but with some unexpected (or just slightly suspected) twists, and at least enough resolution to lead to a "cliffhanger" which made this reader ready for more.

Theresa Maiden I just finished and we have requested you for my school in December! I cannot wait to hear you speak. I'm so excited to share this title with my students.

Tamara I REALLY enjoyed this book!!! I listened to the audio, and loved how Kestra and Simon have different narrators. I will anxiously be waiting to read the rest of their story.

I have just this year been introduced to your books, and I have not been disappointed with a single one. Truly great work! You have a wonderful gift :)

Janette It was a 5 star read for me. I adore the story and the characters!

Emily Teigland This book was awesome! I love the chemistry between Simon and Kestra, and I love how you write all of your duos! Counting down the seconds until the next book comes out!

message 16: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara You did it to me again! You hooked me in from the first page and I couldn’t put it down! My poor children and house have been neglected. For some reason I thought this was a stand alone and I thought, “Man, she sure is taking her sweet time with this story! There’s not a lot of pages left and I hope she doesn’t rush the ending!” And then I figured it out! 🤦🏼‍♀️ You never disappoint (except that I now have to WAIT for the next book!) and you are such a good author who keeps the reader interested and hooked. I love the characters and this story and I can’t wait to find out what happens next. (And how Simon and Kestra will screw things up for each other😆)

message 17: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna N Can’t wait for the sequel, this was so intriguing and I honestly didn’t see some of those things coming, which is good because it kept me in suspense.

Unpopular Username I am preparing for pain and suffering in books to come, but I am so ready to read the rest of this series!!

Ashley Have to agree with what Peggy said. IMO it's also a bad idea since there will inevitably be a percentage of people who likewise find it inappropriate for authors to self-rate themselves 5 stars and will therefore make a point of giving a 1 star rating to offset it.