Dali's Reviews > Missing from Me

Missing from Me by Jayne Frost

2209138

bookshelves: arc-read, contemporary-romance, published-2017, rocker, second-chance-romance, series, standalone

Over time celebrities from the silver screen, small screen, sports and the music biz have produced romance rumors to feed the masses whether they were real or staged. It is only natural that they inspire and provide a backdrop for romance novels. In Missing from Me, one such story about forgiveness, redemption and epic love takes center stage.

Anna and Sean’s relationship began the moment he saw her when they were in high school. But not even their larger-than-life love could keep them together. She wanted to be a lawyer. He wanted to be a rock star. And when a chance to have his dream was presented and she wouldn’t follow, Sean made a choice that would not only cost him his muse, it cost him years of regret.

When Sean reappears because of her grandmother’s death, Anna must face her own choices and the fact that she still loves the man who crushed her heart. Can she find forgiveness when he says he’s not letting her go, that he’ll do anything to fight to get her trust back and convince her that she’s always been and forever will be his only love?

This is my first Jayne Frost novel and it certainly won’t be the last. I loved both Anna and Sean. Anna was incredibly caring and understanding, some might even argue she was too understanding, but it was her inner beauty that stole Sean’s heart.

Sean is a rock star, which implies he’s sexy and talented, but he’s also human and his uncompromising youth drove him to make a mistake. But it’s the flawed souls who strive to learn from their mistakes, better themselves and make a mends that make the complex characters who win me over. Plus, the incredibly sweet, cute, sexy and swoony moments exceeded the heartbreaking and angsty ones.

Though Anna and Sean’s relationship was broken, their scorching and undeniably deep connection kept me rooting for them until they found their happiness. Furthermore, both characters not only rekindle their love, but also make great progress towards achieving life balance and goals.

While Anna and Sean’s story dominates the action and draws you into their struggles, Frost incorporates delightful supporting characters from past installments and in particular, Sean’s best friend Logan who I hope to read more about in the future.

Missing from Me is book #3 of the Missing from Me series by Jayne Frost. It is standalone contemporary rock star romance. It’s a sexy and touching, angsty and swoony second change romance. Told from both points of view and has a happy ending.

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Amazon -> http://amzn.to/2CB75Pe

Stalk us on FaceBook * Twitter * Pinterest Book Teasers * More reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Missing from Me.

November 21, 2017 – Shelved
December 17, 2017 – Shelved as: standalone
December 17, 2017 –
46.0% ""
December 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Alp (new)

Alp Awesome review, Dali. :)

Dali Alp wrote: "Awesome review, Dali. :)"

Thanks Alp!!