Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)'s Reviews > Killman Creek

Killman Creek by Rachel Caine

After devouring Stillhouse Lake in one sitting, I was so happy to have a copy of Killman Creek to read right away. I needed to know what was going to happen!!! SL was so good that I thought for sure KC wasn't going to top it. Boy was I wrong! The pacing is faster, the read is darker and good lawd, Rachel Caine, won't you give poor Gwen a break already?! **shakes fist**

Stillhouse Lake is from Gwen's perspective alone so we get a full on feel of her character and mindset and the author holds no punches in her paranoia and fierce love for her children. Going into Killman Creek, we now get four different perspectives, Gwen, Sam and the kids - Lanny and Connor. At first this was a bit off putting. I think most of that came from reading it back to back. As soon as I got used to this, I couldn't put the book down. The author does a fantastic job in having me feel for each of these characters. I already had great love for Gwen, but now I really got know the other characters and uff... there were some moments where I just wanted to scream, cringe and just throw the book in frustration. But hey, lets not kill my kindle, right?

I am beyond ecstatic to know there's a book three coming out. I am in a bit of a book hangover after both of these and may need something lighter in between. Maybe... 😉

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killman Creek.

November 21, 2017 – Shelved
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 11, 2017 – Started Reading
December 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Kavita Kumar-Karthik I loved the book too ! I didn't know about book 3 !!??!! Ah.. it might deal with Absalom ! Great Review, Chandra !