Mason's Reviews > What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Oct 04, 2011

Read in September, 2011

How often have you wished you could go back in time and change a part of your life?

WHAT ALICE FORGOT by Liane Moriarty shows that going back to re-live one’s history can be a mixed blessing. It can be even trickier when you don’t remember part of your past.

Waking from a fall at the gym, Alice Love is a happy, carefree 29-year-old woman. She’s in love with her fabulous husband, Nick, and they are expecting their first child - or so she thinks. In reality, Alice will soon celebrate her 40th birthday, has 3 children, and is in the midst of a divorce. In addition, she and her sister, Elisabeth, once very close are now no longer on good terms.

Alice has lost a decade of her life and can’t remember what has taken her to the path she’s on now. She has to re-connect with her sister, try to save her marriage, and get to know her children all over again. In addition, she has to find the women she once was.

Author Liane Moriarty has mingled fun and witty moments throughout the story while dealing with loss and regret. The narration by Tamara Lovatt-Smith adds charm to this story. WHAT ALICE FORGOT will make you stop and think, ‘What if?’

FTC Full Disclosure - I requested this audio book and it was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Alice Forgot.