Mia's Reviews > Sky in the Deep

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

There are rare times when I read a book, or watch a TV show, and I just connect with the story so strongly that I really, truly believe that I’m a part of it. That I grow to love the characters like my own family, who I laugh with, cry with, and feel tethered to in some spiritual, inexplicable way. I savor the words and take an extra two days to read it, just because I can’t bear to reach the ending. This book is one of those times. I love every single word written in these pages, I wouldn’t change a thing. I never expected Sky in the Deep to capture my soul so completely, but it absolutely did. Every page just bleeds with raw emotion and substance, I became perfectly in-tune with the characters. It has action that makes you feel like you’re on the battlefield, an innate history and culture that I just know the author spent years researching, and a heroine that feels with her heart as much as she strategizes with her mind. I don’t think there’s a review good enough in the world to really make a person understand how much depth there is to this story, how the layers build and intertwine. The writing is also beautiful, I used an entire dispenser of post-it tabs to mark all of the lines that I loved. If there's one book you pick up this year, let it be Sky in the Deep!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sky in the Deep.

November 21, 2017 – Shelved
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 19, 2018 – Started Reading
March 7, 2018 –
March 8, 2018 –
33.0% "This is seriously making me want to go to Norway"
March 9, 2018 –
37.0% "We don’t get nearly enough stories with brothers like Fiske and Iri, I’m seriously about to sob because their love for each other is so pure"
March 9, 2018 –
52.0% "Of course I left my book in the car and I’m too lazy to go back out and get it but damn if this story isn’t compelling. I love Eelyn. I love Halvard. I’m fricken IN love with Fiske. And I could just live in this setting forever."
March 11, 2018 –
58.0% "Woooow alright she really just ripped that guy’s eye out. I think Eelyn and Kaz would be good friends 😂"
March 11, 2018 –
84.0% "I have no words honestly this book is just killing me"
March 12, 2018 – Finished Reading