Matthew's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: 2017, classic, audio, hoopla, mystery

I fear it is impossible to say too much about this book without spoilers. Because of this I will be brief so you can never go back and say, "I would have loved this book, but that Matthew guy from Goodreads ruined it for me!" So, here is my quick but hopefully useful review.

This is a classic mystery. You like mysteries? You have to have to read this!

Characters are great! So much fun meeting and learning about them all.

Current mysteries have nothing on Christie. This is very intricate and very fun to watch the clues be put together and the solution come into focus. But, now I am getting too close to spoilers.

Read it! It's good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

November 21, 2017 – Started Reading
November 21, 2017 – Shelved
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: classic
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: audio
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: hoopla
November 21, 2017 – Shelved as: mystery
November 21, 2017 –
32.0% "Let's just say I was not surprised when someone ended up murdered"
November 22, 2017 –
64.0% "A mere formality"
November 23, 2017 –
71.0% "Searching the luggage"
November 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Syndi this book is on my to be read list. wonderful review. i can not wait to read this

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine A classic that is always worth re-reading, especially with the film version that was just released.

Matthew Syndi wrote: "this book is on my to be read list. wonderful review. i can not wait to read this"

Thanks, Syndi! I think you will have a blast!

Matthew Elaine wrote: "A classic that is always worth re-reading, especially with the film version that was just released."

Yes! This was my first time reading, but I had to check it out since the previews for the new movie look so good!

Stephanie Anze Wonderful review! This is one of my favorite Christie books.

Susan Quite agree - no modern crime writer can touch Christie for plotting.

Matthew Stephanie wrote: "Wonderful review! This is one of my favorite Christie books."

Thank you! Glad you like it, too! 😃

Matthew Susan wrote: "Quite agree - no modern crime writer can touch Christie for plotting."

Yes - I will probably have to wait a while to read another modern mystery because it will seem so simple.

Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee I'm going to have to read this! thanks!!

Matthew Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee wrote: "I'm going to have to read this! thanks!!"

No problem! Enjoy!

Kevin Nice review Matthew! It's hard for me to determine which of Christie's books to re-read!

Matthew Kevin wrote: "Nice review Matthew! It's hard for me to determine which of Christie's books to re-read!"

This was my first Christie - now I need to figure out which other ones to read.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Matthew Debbie wrote: "I liked both this book and the review. One of Christie's books that kept us up for a late-night family readathon was Ten Little Indians. Christie was, at times, so sneaky!"

Thanks, Debbie! Oooooh, I have heard of Ten Little Indians. Maybe that should be next.

message 15: by Matt (new)

Matt Weir Never felt compelled to read any of Christie's work, but from what I've seen on your reviews, I feel like - maybe - I could trust your judgement.
If it's cheap on the Kindle at any point, I'll give it a go. 😊

Matthew Matt wrote: "Never felt compelled to read any of Christie's work, but from what I've seen on your reviews, I feel like - maybe - I could trust your judgement.
If it's chea..."

It's a deal!

If it's chea..."

It's a deal!

Ginger Matthew wrote: "This was my first Christie - now I need to figure out which other ones to read."

And Then There Were None and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Read these two next. You won't be disappointed! :D

Matthew Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "This was my first Christie - now I need to figure out which other ones to read."

And Then There Were None and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Read these two ..."

Thanks, Ginger! 😃😃😃😃

George Jankovic Great review, Matthew! Love this book. The movie was food too. :)

Matthew George wrote: "Great review, Matthew! Love this book. The movie was food too. :)"

message 22: by Bill (new)

Bill Lynas Love your review, Matthew....even though I think it's one of the worst books she has ever written!☺

George Jankovic Matthew wrote: "George wrote: "Great review, Matthew! Love this book. The movie was food too. :)"

Thanks, George! I am guessing you are a victim of auto-correct, but the film sure sounds tasty! 😉😉😉😉"

Hahaha. The victim on fingers too big and phone keyboards too small. :)

Jessie (thatchickwithabook) Love this review! Agree, it’s very difficult to review this book without spoilers creeping it. Felt like all I could say was “it’s good”. And that doesn’t suffice!!

Matthew Jessica wrote: "Love this review! Agree, it’s very difficult to review this book without spoilers creeping it. Felt like all I could say was “it’s good”. And that doesn’t suffice!!"

Thanks, Jessica! I still need to find my next one to try out. I added a few to my TBR.

message 26: by Bob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bob McClaren I agree with your excellent review. The 1970's film is more faithful to the material. Last year's film was great for different reasons. See both films after reading the book!

Matthew Bob wrote: "I agree with your excellent review. The 1970's film is more faithful to the material. Last year's film was great for different reasons. See both films after reading the book!"

Thanks for the tip and your kind words! 😀