Khaleel's Reviews > Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future

Rise of the Robots by Martin Ford

An important book that examines how machines are fast taking over the work that we do today. Martin Ford is sober and balanced in his analysis, even though the subject matter lends itself easily to doomsday prophesies. Ford considers various scenarios of how things could play out in the future being careful to consider alternative scenarios and timelines in each case. He also discusses policies that could be implemented to dampen the the inevitable socio economic impact of accelerating technologies and machine learning.

Rise of the Robots really got me thinking about what kind of role I would play in the future, whether my skills would still be relevant, and how society would have to deal with the fact that more and more of the work we do today will be done my machines rendering most skills useless. Like any good book it poses more questions than answers. Highly recommended to everyone concerned about the negative impact technology could have on our lives.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of the Robots.

October 27, 2017 – Started Reading