Cadiva's Reviews > Jared's Fulfillment

Jared's Fulfillment by Riley Hart

3.5*

There is some stellar writing in this book, there's an in-depth examination into parts of the BDSM world, there's some truly enlightened discussion about mental health and BDSM, and there's a really wonderful mutually devoted couple at the heart of it.

So why not a higher score?

Because, ultimately, the whole Daddy kink just isn't one that appeals to me as the basis for a relationship to the extent to which it takes place here alongside the complete submission and the desire to subjugate your own needs and desires into pleasing someone else.

It's utterly alien to me, even when it's as well written and clearly mutually beneficial as it is here. I just can't put myself into that head space.

The sex is kink-tastic and by turning off my brain's awareness of the 'Daddy-ness' part, I could truly appreciate the connection between Jared and Keiran.

Bravo to Riley Hart for writing this series, in moving out of her more 'traditional' MM romance style, I think she's crafted two really wonderful characters.

I just wish my brain would let me appreciate them to their full worth but sadly it won't.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jared's Fulfillment.

November 18, 2017 – Shelved
November 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 1, 2017 – Started Reading
December 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns Just about to start this! I hope the second book works better for me than the first :-/ ... I want to feel their chemistry!

Cadiva It's definitely more of a relationship here and much more 'loving' and true exchange of emotions.

I found the chemistry between them was well portrayed, I just can't get my head round the idea someone would willingly want a 'daddy' to run every aspect of their life is all!