CCAM&GZM's Reviews > A Cold Dark Promise

A Cold Dark Promise by Toni Anderson

It was nice to meet again Alex, the main character of A Cold Dark Place. It is obvious that over time and other six books he became even better and he deserved to have a (another) book of his own, even if only a novella. The plus is that this novella gives a fine story. And a bit disappointing for me, because jumping over the other six volumes caused me to lose a lot of interesting protagonists. Yes, even if Alex has the leading role, there are many other nice and interesting characters from the previous stories that have a role to play now and I’m quite curious how they got together. For example, I cannot wait to see how the relationship between Alex and Frazer changed from “rivals” to friends.

Giving the fact that the series is a romantic suspense, Mrs. Anderson played as matchmaker one more time and created another couple. Good and bad (or apparent bad) come together for the romance fans.

With humor, some turns, good rhythm and enough of unexpected, A Cold Dark Promise is not so dark or cold but thoroughly enjoyable. Still, the significance of the title is more than meets the eye at first sight as it is impossible to think that Alex would not keep his promise!

Coming back to my initial question: my first reaction was “great!” and the second one, after the Promise, was: still great!

I had to keep it short in order to cut the losses and start reading the whole series!
PS: A nice way to prepare a wedding! 😏

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cold Dark Promise.

Finished Reading