Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Yesterday

Yesterday by Felicia Yap

bookshelves: thriller, dnf

This is one of those books that has a concept that sounds amazing. In theory. And then you start to read it and realise just how flawed the concept really is. O.o

The book is set in an alternate world where people only remember one or two days, and keep all the important stuff in their electronic diaries. Yet! One of the main characters is an author. Um, what? I write stories, and it doesn't take two days to write a book. So, if he can only remember two days, how can he write a WHOLE BOOK?! No, seriously. How does ANYONE do ANYTHING in this world? *scratches head*

Well, I don't know, because asides from the flaws that stuck out as soon as I started reading... I found it too dull to care about the characters, the memory loss, or even the mysterious death. Plus, I was disappointed by so many POVs. Sometimes multiple POVs totally work but in this case, it just didn't. At least, not for me.

I'm actually a fan of the memory loss trope. I love a story featuring a character with amnesia, but this was ridiculous.

I just can't.

DNF without a rating.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday.

November 18, 2017 – Shelved