Becky's Reviews > Lord Sunday

Oct 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: male-protagonist
Read from October 03 to 10, 2011

All in all, this book struck me as the type of novel that I would've enjoyed more when I was younger. This is by no means a bad thing, since the entire series has an element of childlike fantasy to it: even when the characters are in danger, nobody is ever actually in danger, if that makes sense. (Well, with the exception of one character *cough*, but I won't spoil that.) Everybody needs a little bit of escapism sometimes, and the Keys the Kingdom series is good for that, I think.

As a conclusion, I thought this book was just okay. There's plenty of action going around, and the major plot points are tied up. I was hoping that some of the smaller points would've been touched on (who was Suzy? Why was it so important that the Piper's children have their memories erased repeatedly? Where was the Architect? and so on.) Some of these issues were repeatedly brought up in the series, but apparently weren't intended to actually be answered, so I was somewhat disappointed by that. (view spoiler)

Mostly, I'd say this book lands in the solid mid-range. By no means bad, but I likely won't be returning to reread it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Sunday.