Ashlee » Library In The Country's Reviews > The Dream Thieves

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

bookshelves: owned-paperback, owned-paperback-to-read, favorites

4.5 stars! Read review at Library in the Country

”And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

Ah! What a whirlwind trip this book was! I don’t even know where to begin! Again, this story has opened up a world that was so much more than I initially had expected.

I LOVE how character driven this story is. Every single character matters, nobody feels as though their sole purpose is only to progress the story. The characters have such depth to them, it’s impossible not get emotionally attached to them. There were so many moments that I loved in this book. I don’t want get specific as it will spoil things, but each character had very distinct storylines, in addition to the main story that is happening. This is a book of self discovery, acceptance and tumultuous growth. At moments, I’m still not even sure what is happening, but I have faith it will all come together in time and I love that about this story.

And lastly, Stiefvater’s writing. Her style is unique and flows so perfectly, it’s almost hard to explain. I never felt as though I was reading something that was structured and built into a story. Instead it flowed seamlessly, as a story should. She may become one of my favorite authors, yet.

P.S. - Gansey. I have no more room on my BBF list. But I’ll make room for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Thieves.

Quotes Ashlee » Library In The Country Liked

Maggie Stiefvater
“In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them.
Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness.
Her raven boys.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“While I'm gone," Gansey said, pausing, "dream me the world. Something new for every night.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“I am being perfectly fucking civil.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

November 16, 2017 – Shelved
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: owned-paperback
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: owned-paperback-to-read
December 7, 2017 – Started Reading
December 7, 2017 –
page 2
0.46% " ”And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

😏"
page 348
79.63% " ”Because it’s not gonna be you.”

Am I supposed to be happy now that these words have finally been spoken out loud?
Because I am."
page 361
82.61% "It’s happening. It’s really happening. 😭"
page 411
94.05% " ”You didn’t say you don’t swing that way.”
“No, I didn’t.”

«gives knowing look»
😏"
December 8, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 15, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Silke Great review! My love for this series was so unexpected I didn't think I'd be this obsessed