Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories

Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories by Hailey Edwards

liked it
bookshelves: arc-review-copy, 3-stars

All the stories in Thrown to the Wolves take place before the the big final battle in Over The Moon. These short stories are all part of the Black Dog Universe. Fans of the Black Dog, Gemini, & Lorimar Pack will enjoy dropping back into the world and see their favorite characters again.

Thrown To The Wolves - 3 Stars

Here we get a deeper look into Zed, wolf in the Lorimar Pack and Jo, a human in town. We learning some interesting things about Jo and her Aunt and get to see Zed happy.

Out For Blood - 3 Stars

Here we get to see Lema a dhampir, a Marshal, and a character we meet in the Gemini series who was sent into the mental institute and is now out and back to work as a Marshal. We learn a little more about her heritage. Here we see a young coworker who has taken an interest in her and wants more then just a working relationship. These two are brought together; because of a murder investigation.

The Bakers Grimm - 3.5 Stars

A Fae and a Witch. Their family have been competitors for years. They both are backers and have shops next to each other, but in this tail the children come together and it's a Fairy Tale ending.

A Stone's Throw Christmas - 3.5 Stars

Graeson & Camille from the Gemini series celebrate Christmas with the pack and a few surprises are revealed. It was nice to see the Lorimar Pack again. It's a sweet holiday short story.

Dog Days of Summer - 4 Stars

Dog Days of Summer takes place between Dog with a Bone & Heir of the Dog. It's a fast-paced action packed novella. I devoured this adventure from the first to last page.

In this one Thierry is still very young and not very experienced at being a Marshall yet, so the cases she can choose are limited. We get to see Thierry in action, doing her thing to find a missing chicken thing, help Shaw find a kidnapped or missing boy and find a rogue Warg; before things get way out of hand.

The Black Dog, Gemini, & Lormair series are fabulously fun and entertaining. The world is vast and the characters are fascinating. Those that love Urban Fantasy's should give this world a try.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Hailey Edwards with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories.

November 16, 2017 – Shelved
November 28, 2017 –
November 29, 2017 –
November 30, 2017 – Shelved as: 3-stars
November 30, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Thanks for great review Angela!!