Desiree Rask's Reviews > I'm Squirrely!

I'm Squirrely! by Brenda Lochinger

“I’m Squirrely” is the first book in a series written by new author Brenda Lochinger. The book introduces children to a wiggly and adorable Squirrel that won’t stand still. He is constantly moving and his mind is going one-hundred and two miles per hour. This makes simple tasks like getting dressed and paying attention in class an adventure. He is a dreamer and his brain won’t shut off, he is constantly thinking even when he is supposed to be sleeping. No matter what trouble Squirrel gets into his parents unconditionally love him. Brenda Lochinger creates a loveable and fun character that children will love. The story is told in rhyme and is very upbeat.

The book is illustrated by Jeffrey Duckworth. He skillfully creates colorful and engaging pictures that will grab your children’s attention.

We all know a Squirrely in our life a child that just won’t sit still and is constantly getting into trouble. It may be a child that just gets into things here and there or they may have AD/HD disorder. This book would be a wonderful book to share with children that have AD/HD. They could relate to the protagonist and the overall theme of parent’s unconditional love. A wonderful thing to note about this book is that: A portion of the proceeds from the sales of this book will be donated to organizations specializing in the treatment and counseling for AD/HD.

My two year old wiggles and squirms around sometimes during story time, but he sat still during this story. He really liked Squirrely and laughed at his antics. There is potential for this character to grow, learn and experience many wonderful adventures. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Squirrely!.