Gary's Reviews > The Engines of God

The Engines of God by Jack McDevitt

McDevitt’s first Priscilla Hutchins novel is a sturdy, nicely paced archeological mystery. Scattered throughout the galaxy are alien relics left behind by beings known only as the Monument Makers, and the secret of their origin may herald a terrifying future disaster for mankind.
Personal relationships are not McDevitt’s forte, as his clumsy handling of Priscilla’s romantic life can attest. Thankfully, the search for the Monument Makers is a fascinating one, and the outcome offers sufficient spectacle and satisfying answers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Engines of God.

November 15, 2017 – Started Reading
November 15, 2017 – Shelved
November 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

MadProfessah The Hutchins series is a lot of fun.

Gary MadProfessah wrote: "The Hutchins series is a lot of fun."

I'm definitely looking forward to reading more.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Glad to see you in here Gary. I feel like some of my cool friends have just gone away! 😕

Gary Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Glad to see you in here Gary. I feel like some of my cool friends have just gone away! 😕"

You're the best, Mel! I'm trying to get caught up as usual - still have 10 more finished books to review even after yesterday's blitz!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I thought you forgot about me! I hope you get caught up. I'm having a hard time trade me with my depression getting to me. I'm trying to get through Oathbringer and two others on my currently reading. It's rough. I'm enjoying them but real life is getting me. I have a bunch of buddy reads coming up in one of my groups and I hope to be out of this funk by then. Sigh!! It's great to see you back ish 😊

Gary Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "I thought you forgot about me! I hope you get caught up. I'm having a hard time trade me with my depression getting to me. I'm trying to get through Oathbringer and two others on my currently readi..."

You're doing great! I know I'm busy all the time but you can always message me or hit me up in the comments and I'll get back to you when I'm free.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thanks 😊