Elle♣'s Reviews > Moonrise

Moonrise by Sarah Crossan

5 stars

I love a book that is written in verse(thanks, Delilah!), but they can either be executed really well or really poorly - and clearly, by my rating, this was done VERY well. Verse can make it more difficult to get a sense of the characters emotions, and in hand makes it harder to find a connection to them - equaling to a story you feel nothing for.

THIS book, however, somehow manages to avoid doing this and accomplishes in going further than just gently tugging on our emotions. It takes you on an emotional, tear-jerking journey that leaves you feeling like you were right beside the main character through all the ups and downs, and the inevitable heart slaying ending. But I loved it so much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonrise.

November 15, 2017 – Shelved
November 19, 2017 – Started Reading
November 19, 2017 –
page 210
November 19, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Hey sis, prose is regular written language without metrical structure (like your average novel)❤️ Maybe you mean prose poetry?

Elle♣ Delilah wrote: "Hey sis, prose is regular written language without metrical structure (like your average novel)❤️ Maybe you mean prose poetry?"

oops I should have double checked that!😂 I meant verse! Thank you cause I would never have realised💗

message 3: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Yeah haha😉 Great review anyway!

Elle♣ Delilah wrote: "Yeah haha😉 Great review anyway!"

Thank you! 😁

message 5: by Yusra (new) - added it

Yusra  ✨ I can so relate! Novel in verse are one of my favs

Elle♣ Yusra wrote: "I can so relate! Novel in verse are one of my favs"

They're one of my favorites too! It makes it a lot more interesting to read!