Erin *Help I’m Reading and I Can’t Get Up*'s Reviews > The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan by John Marrs

20486043
Lemme start this review off with THE BIGGEST TRIGGER WARNING EVER ⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

If you or a loved one has considered or completed suicide, DO NOT read this book. Really. Like, not even the first chapter. It’s not a light TW, this is a full-throated TW. Just don’t.

That being said, if suicide is not a trigger for you... this book is horrifyingly good. How shall I describe it?

At the very beginning, It’s like a thriller from the POV of the bad guy. Which is AWESOME.

And then it turns into a tale of revenge— and how it destroys the lives of all who seek it. Which is GREAT.

And then it turns into a Gone Girl-style shitshow. Which YOU KNOW I love.

And the best part? You’ll be thinking about it forEVER after you finish it. I know I am. So yeah. 5 stars, and probably one of my favorites of 2017.

But again, I cannot stress this enough, if suicide or suicidal ideation is in your history (or your present), PLEASE pass this one by. It is too triggery to be trifled with.

5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Samaritan.

November 15, 2017 – Shelved
November 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 6, 2017 – Started Reading
December 6, 2017 –
10.0% "⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS THE MOST TRIGGERY BOOK IVE EVER READ"
December 7, 2017 –
35.0% "I'mma repeat this every time I update this book: ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS THE MOST TRIGGERY BOOK IVE EVER READ"
December 7, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-favorites
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: audible
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: passes-the-bechdel-test
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Audrey (new) - added it

Audrey Really great review! Clear and to the point :)

Karen Medrano-rios I TOTALLY agree! It was an awesome page turner but definitely gruesome and uncomfortable. "Gone Girl style shitshow" is the PERFECT description! 😂