Jordan Caton's Reviews > I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato

I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child

6207054
Oct 03, 2011

I Will Never NOT Ever Eat a Tomato would be a perfect read aloud. I loved loved loved this book! It fits all of the main criteria a read aloud should have. It would be in the appropriate time limit, the pictures are fun to look at and they are big and colorful. This is a story about a little picky eater named Lola. Her older brother gets her to eat different things Lola said she doesn't eat by making up what they "really are." For example, peas are not peas. They are "green drops from Greenland." And fish sticks are something mermaids eat. In the end, Lola eats a tomato all on her own by saying that she loves "moon squirters." This is a book children can relate to in many ways. First, there is a show with these characters in it. The students might like reading something about them. Also, many of the children have probably said they were never going to eat something, and this shows they might actually like it. Its also fun for the children to anticipate what is next and what she will make it into.

The illustrations are equally amazing. They do a great job incorporating what the food "really is" into a fun adventure story. The text is also incorporated into the text instead of having a separate text box. For example, on the page with the aliens and outer space, the text is in wiggles. The text is also fun to look at because it has different sizes and fonts to emphasize different words.

I would recommend this book to grades kindergarden through third.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato.

Started Reading